Each weekday afternoon students will engage in film making workshops, excluding Wednesday when they will take part in a full-day excursion.
The workshops will cover a variety of elements of film making including planning (pre-production), filming (production) and editing (post-production). Students will cover the use of the camera, lighting and audio equipment and will learn to use professional filming techniques alongside looking at various genres of film. They will aim to capture their story through camera, lighting and sound, bringing it all together in post-production using professional editing techniques and software. The course includes visual effects workshops including the use of the green screen.
Workshops are aimed at students with little or no experience in film making. Finally, students will view their work on the big screen at Bosworth Hall and have a chance to critique and review.
- Full board (3 daily meals) and lodging in college accommodation in a single or twin room*
- Indoor and outdoor sport activities
- Evening entertainment
- Full day excursion every Wednesday and Saturday
- 24 hour supervision
- Coursework and stationery materials are provided
- The weekly fees are based on Sunday arrivals and Sunday departures
*Students who do not require accommodation and will be staying with a guardian or family in Northampton should contact the college directly for a day fee.