Year 9 courses are taught in the College’s science laboratories by subject specialists. Most other lessons are taught in a Year 9 “base” classroom in Nazareth House. Students develop their skills of presentation and research. They also have opportunities to lead and contribute to the discussion, to take individual responsibility for their learning and to develop good personal organisation. The Bosworth aim is to develop confident, independent learners who realise their full potential. Students will also have weekly sport and PHSEE lessons to meet National Curriculum requirements.
- Suitable for students 13+ years old
- Introduce some key GCSE content
- Instils good study habits
- Individual care for each student
- Begin to explore their possible future career choices
- Students engage in daily Personal Tutor sessions (includes PHSE) as well as joining older students for After School Programme
- Progression route: GCSE
Personal Development Programme
In addition to their academic subjects, students can follow a programme of after school activities. The choice is based on the students’ interests and can also be tailored to their career choices.
All students are taught presentation and performance skills using the LAMDA exams (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art).
Students on Year 9 courses can also follow one of the following programmes:
- Sports skills
- Art portfolio
- Science Club
- Music and performance
- Business Studies
- Social Sciences
- PE Lesson
- After School Programme